Your tax-deductible contributions are greatly appreciated! Your generous gifts help us to provide educational and interpretive programs and events for children, families and adults and to support the overall mission of the wildlife refuge.
Here are some of the recent projects that we have provided through your support:
- In-school and at-refuge environmental education classes (Urban Bird series, etc)
- Annual Children’s fishing contest (“Hooked on Fish Not Drugs”)
- Telescopes and interpretive signs on the Ecotrail boardwalk
- 12-passenger battery-powered tram to provide free interpretive tours of Wildlife Drive
- A garage for the tram to protect it from the elements
- Binoculars and field guides to loan out to refuge visitors and new birders
- Financial support for the Osprey live cam (Conserve Wildlife NJ)
- Interpretive panels on deCamp Wildlife Trail
- Water bottle refilling station in Visitors Information Center (thousands of plastic bottles saved from waste!)
- Junior Duck Stamp Contest awards 2018
- Interpretive sign for historical Brigantine RR on Wildlife Drive (upcoming)
- Refreshments for volunteers and visitors at refuge events such as cleanups, Evenings at Forsythe, etc.
Other ways to donate:
- Amazon Smile — when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), and select Friends of Forsythe NWR as your preferred charity, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products, at no cost to you.
- Purchase a memorial boardwalk plank on the Leeds EcoTrail that overlooks the marsh (see photo). These planks may be inscribed with your name, the names of loved ones, or of a business (maximum of 30 characters including spaces). Order these boardwalk planks on-line here, or download the brochure and mail it in with your check. Please note that final installation on this exposed area can take up to several months depending on weather conditions and greenheads.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Our tax ID number is 223565413.