The Friends of Forsythe NWR is an independent, non-profit organization established in 1998. Its purpose is to provide support and services to the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.
The mission of the Friends of Forsythe is to support the purposes for which the Refuge was established and includes the following:
- For use as a sanctuary for migratory birds and non-migratory animals;
- For protection of natural resources;
- For the conservation of non-game, threatened and endangered species;
- For promoting environmental education and experiences for children and adults;
- And for the development of other wildlife-oriented experiences that do not interfere with the primary mission of the Refuge.
The Friends support the Refuge through a variety of projects and activities. These are defined by the following goals:
- Promoting a better understanding of the natural history and environment of Southern New Jersey, the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge, and the National Wildlife Refuge System;
- Helping to preserve and enhance the wildlife habitat of this Refuge;
- Assist the Refuge, the Refuge System, and the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service in educational initiatives and supportive efforts.
The Friends of Forsythe of Forsythe may be contacted by United States mail or at email@example.com.
Welcome to our Refuge!
Board of Directors
Rae Griffiths, President
Sam Klickovich, Treasurer
Stephanie Sanchez, Co-Secretary
Tom Tuohy, Co-Secretary
- EB Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge
- US Fish & Wildlife Service – Let’s Go Outside!
- Cape May National Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Cape May
- Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Great Swamp
- Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Supawana Meadows
- Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Wallkill River
- Barnegat Bay Partnership
- John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Heinz Refuge
- NJ DEP Fish and Wildlife
- National Wildlife Refuge Association
- Atlantic Audubon Society
- Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve
- The Noyes Museum
- New Jersey Audubon Society
- Stockton University
- Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ
- Southern Ocean Birding Group