Volunteering for the Friends of Edwin B. Forsythe is a rewarding activity that helps the Refuge fulfill its mission of conserving, protecting and enhancing America’s fish, wildlife and plants and their habitats. Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks. Some typical volunteer opportunities include the following:
- Providing nature interpretation during jitney tours
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and selling merchanside and refuge passes at our gift shop in the Visitors Information Center
- Assisting or leading environmental education activities
- Serving on the Friends’ board and/or its committees
- Coordinating the Friends membership program
- Office activities
Please call or email us if you are interested in volunteering for the Friends!