Your tax-deductible contributions are greatly appreciated! Your generous gifts help us to provide educational and interpretive programs and events for children, families and adults and to support the overall mission of the wildlife refuge.
Here are some of the projects that we have provided through your support:
- Visitors Information Center Media Wall (coming soon). The video-wall will allow the Friends to educate, entertain and inform visitors to the Refuge. If you wish to support this effort, please visit our Go Fund Me page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/friends-of-forsythe-video-and-media-wall
- In-school and at-refuge environmental education classes (Urban Bird series, etc)
- Annual Children’s fishing contest (“Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs”)
- Financial support for the Osprey Cam in partnership with Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ
- Interpretive sign for historical Brigantine RR on Wildlife Drive
- Interpretive panels for Forsythe In Art
- Interpretive panels on deCamp Wildlife Trail
- Financial sponsorship for the Jitney tours
- Enviroscape – Coastal Ecosystems demonstration model
- Binoculars and field guides to loan out to refuge visitors and new birders
- Telescopes and interpretive signs on the Leeds Ecotrail boardwalk
- Water bottle refilling station in Visitors Information Center (thousands of plastic bottles saved from waste!)
- Refreshments for volunteers and visitors at refuge events such as cleanups, Evenings at Forsythe, etc.
Other ways to donate:
- Amazon Smile — when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), and select Friends of Forsythe NWR as your preferred charity, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products, at no cost to you.
- Purchase a memorial boardwalk plank on the Leeds EcoTrail that overlooks the marsh (see photo). These planks may be inscribed with your name, the names of loved ones, or of a business (maximum of 30 characters including spaces). Order these boardwalk planks using the form above, or download the brochure and mail it in with your check. Please note that final installation on this exposed area can take up to several months depending on weather conditions and greenheads.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Our tax ID number is 223565413.